Safety and Wellness
At Alliance Jiu Jitsu, the safety and wellness of every individual entering our facility is a top priority.
Everyone entering our facility is asked to confirm they are fever free by using our touchless temperature stations. This applies to all staff, students, parents, and guests. Everyone entering the mat to train is also expected to use hand sanitizer available throughout the facility.
Two RabbitAir air purifiers with 6-stage filtration and deodorization, including HEPA filtration, circulate and clean every cubic foot of air in the facility every hour for the cleanest air possible.
We have invested in top of the line Dollamur Swain Hybrid mats that provide the safest non-slip surface while also avoiding 'mat burns'. They also provide some of the best impact absorption rates providing the safest training space possible.
Alliance Jiu Jitsu adheres to the following Sparring/Rolling Rules and Guidelines
- NO STAND-UP unless explicitly approved by and monitored by an instructor.
- Sparring is training. It is not a championship tournament round or a street fight. Keep it civil, respectful, safe, and fun for all parties involved.
- Tap early and often. No medals or lives are on the line, so tap early in a submission attempt to prevent injury. Refusing to tap can result in serious injury. Remember: if it is tight, tap.
- Do not force a tap. If your partner is refusing to tap in spite being stuck in a tight submission, do not continue to apply pressure. This can result in a serious injury. Either let go and move on or stop and have a conversation instead. Contact an instructor if it is a repeated problem.
- Respect your partner. Your partner’s safety is YOUR primary responsibility. Be considerate of your partner’s attributes such as age, weight, strength, gender, flexibility, and any aches and pains. Be open with your training partner and share positions, techniques, etc. that should be avoided while training to avoid aggravating any known aches, pains, or past injuries.
First Aid kits are available in both the men's and women's changing rooms for any minor scrapes and scratches.
The health of our staff and students is a top priority at Alliance Jiu Jitsu. Our staff cleans and sanitizes the mats daily to ensure highest standard of cleanliness possible. We use an advanced electrostatic sprayer with hospital grade disinfectant that is an effective broad spectrum bactericide that kills MRSA, CA-MRSA, VISA, VRE, E. Coli., and SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.
All students are also expected to maintain the following high standards of personal cleanliness.
- Always show up for class with a fresh, clean gi, and rash guard. Wash your gi after every class. For no-gi the same rule holds true for your rash guard and shorts/pants. A rash guard should be worn when training in the gi.
- Personal hygiene must be maintained at the highest level. Wash, use deodorant, finger and toenails must be trimmed short.
- Remove all jewelry including any body piercings prior to sparring. Rings, watches, earrings, etc. can easily get caught on clothing and get torn off injuring you and/or your partner. Silicone wedding bands are OK.